MOTOR VEHICLE DRIVER?ICENSE EXAMINATION (For New Jersey)
- If you are involved in a motor
vehicle accident resulting in injuries while your driving privileges are suspended you are subject to;
(a) fine set by judge
further suspension of your driving privileges
fine suspension of your driving privileges and mandatory 45 day jail sentence.
(d) All of the above.
- When nearing a steady yellow
or amber traffic signal you should;
slow down and continue with caution through the intersection.
Speed up and continue through the intersection before the light changes to red.
(c) Stop before entering the intersection
if you safely can do so.
Stop immediately, do not continue through the intersection.
- You should expect to see double solid
center lines on;
winding two lane road
(c) a pass
with care road
(d) one way street.
person who holds a probationary driver license is subjected to;
an advisory notice upon being convicted of their first moving violation
any violation after attending school will result in suspension
(c) all of the above
(d) ?;/span>none of
- If you refuse to take a breath test and it is your first offense the penalty is;
(a) 30 days in jail
(b) 90 days in jail
6 months license suspension
$250 to $550 fine, and 6 month license suspension.
- You are considered under the influence when
the amount of alcohol in your blood or BAC has reached;
none of the above
- Which of the following drinks contain about the highest alcohol content;
(a) five ounces of table wine
(b) 1 and ??nces of whiskey
(c) 12 ounces of beer
(d) all of the above are about equal in
- If you drink and have reached a BAC of 5% the risk of you causing a motor vehicle accident
- Implied content law means;
You must have liability insurance
Permission for another to move your car in emergencies
You sign an agreement to give your blood
A driver agrees to take a breath test for blood alcohol content.
- Drugs that mey affect basic
driving skills are;
(c) Some prescription drugs
(d) All of the above
- In the
event of a car crash or sudden stop, use of seat belts may;
keep you from being thrown from the car
keep you from hitting the windshield or the dash board
keep you from siding off the seat an losing control of the car
all of the above
- The meaning of a hand signal when a driver?and and arm is straight
(b) Right turn
Slow down or stop
- After driving through a deep puddle you should immediately;
(a) check your lights
(b) increase your limit to the posted limit
(c) stop and check your vihicle
(d) test your brakes
is a driving condition where in tires loose traction on a wet road and float on a lower gear or slush, when this happens
(b) Slow down
(c) Changes lanes
None of the above
- If a student driver commits a traffic offense, responsibility lies with;
(a) Only the student
(b) Only the instructor
Neither the student nor the instructor
Both the student and instructor
- If you have a tire blow out;
(a) turn to the side of the road quickly
(b) apply your brakes
slow down gradually
continue?t;/span>at a regular speed until it is safe to slow down.
city driving a good habit is to;
look 12 seconds ahead
use the 2 second rule
reduce speed and use horn
practice good judgement.
- When making a left turn from a two way road into a four lane highway the proper
way to turn is;
turn from centerline of road and turn into right lane.
approach turn from right side of the road and turn into right lane
approach turn from right side of road, cross over driver to left lane
approach turn from center lane of road and turn into left lane.
- A person may operate a moped
(a) a valid
(b) a valid motorcycle
(c) a valid
of the above
- On a two lane road not near a school when a school bus is stopped and its red lights are flushing;
(a) You may pass the bus
(b) You may pass
the bus at 10 m.p.h. or less
(d) You may pass
the bus from either direction.
- When a pavement is marked with two centerline one solid and one broken;
(a) passing is permitted on either side
(b) passing is permitted only on the side
with the broken line
passing is not permitted on either side.
Passing is permitted on both sides but when road is clear.
- When two roads intersect and there
are no signs or signals it is good practice to;
always yield to traffic on the left
blow your horn as a warning
be ready to stop if necessary
pull to the right hand lane and stop.
- The two second rule can be used at any speed to help you;
(a) drive within the speed
(b) keep a safe
time traffic lights at intersections
bring your car out of a slid
- When making a left turn from a two way street you should get into
lane or the lane farthest from the center lane.
Left lane nearest to the curb
Lane nearest to the center of the road way
Right lane or the lane nearest to the right curb.
- If you miss your exit on an expressway, you
to the next exit
off the road and back up the shoulder
slow down and stop
around and go back.
- You should expect to see double solid lines on;
a divided highway
a winding two lane road
a pass with care road
one way street.
- If you are going 50 m.p.h., your total stopping on a dry road should be about;
(a) 186 feet
- If you want to return to the road from a dirt shoulder;
slow down then turn your wheel to climb the pavement
drive along the shoulder until you are going as fast as the traffic on the road
(c) drive along the shoulder until you get to
an acceleration lane
(d) move slowly?t;/span>and wave traffic around you.
- Signals should be used;
(a) when changing lanes
(b) when turning
when slowing down
all of the above
- An articulated license allows the operation of
(a) all school buses
(b) all types of vehicles
(c) a commercially registered vehicle of
18,000 lbs or more joined by a coupler device
a vehicle with less than four wheels
- Single solid white line across a road at an intersection means;
(a) stop behind the line
for a traffic sign or light
(c) no parking zone
(d) no passing
- The shape of a stop sign
- The order of colors on a traffic light top to bottom;
(a) red, green, yellow
(b) yellow, green, red
green, yellow, green
red, yellow, green
- After two to four drinks, alcohol begins to impair your;
(a) reaction time
coordination and balance
of the above
- If a
person gets drunk in your home and has a motor vehicle accident, after leaving your home you could;
(a) be charged with a crime
(b) not be held responsible
(c) be involved in a lawsuit
(d) none of the above
- Studies show that the greatest
number of people arrested for drunk driving have been drinking,
(d) mixed drinks
- Whether your blood alcohol
content raises above legal limits depends on;
amount you drink
(c) time you take to drink
(d) all of the above .
surfaces are slipperiest;
during very hot, humid weather
after a very heavy rainfall
during very cold, dry weather
during the first few minutes of rainfall.
avoid highway hypnosis when driving on an expressway it is a good practice to;
(a) rest your eyes by slowly blinking them from
time to time
looking at any one thing for more than a few seconds
look straight ahead to the side
spend as much time looking at your mirrors as you do looking in front of you.
- When it is legal to turn
right on red, before turning you must;
slow down and check traffic
blow your horn
a full speed and check traffic
check the traffic to right
- The shape of yield sign is;
circle in squares